Tuesday, July 26, 2011

F.Y.I. - Wade Lajlar Interview

I met Wade nearly 2 years ago at a park in Vancouver. He kills it on a BMX. Here's his FYI.

FC: Wade, where are you from and where do you live?
I’m from a small town just north of Vancouver; it’s called the sunshine coast. I’m currently living back there for the moment, planning on getting back to Van city soon.
FC: When did you get your first BMX and how long have you been riding?
I got my first BMX when I was about 11, the local high school has a skate park so pretty much ever since then I’ve been riding. I guess 12 years then.
FC: Do you do any Downhill Mountain Biking or other forms of biking?
Not really, I’ll go shred a DH bike once'n'a while but pretty rare. I’m a big fan of just cruising the sea wall in Vancouver, great scenery...
FC: Who or what influenced you to start riding BMX and who are your favourite riders today?
This guy Ron Murcer came to my elementary school and did a flat land demo, I was super stoked on BMX but didn’t get one for a few years. I ended up moving to a new school and one of my long time friends rode and got me right into shredding. Jason Enns, Dave Osato, Dustin Guenther, Chase Hawk, Dan Lacey, Mark Webb, Harry Main, pretty much anyone that's killin' it.

FC: Who are your sponsors?I’m repin' for L-R-G, Etnies, Dragon, Ogio, and Timebomb trading.FC: What are some of your favourite places to ride?Vancouver in the summer and Mexico in the winter.
FC: Name one place you want to ride that you have never ridden before.
Cali or Austin, never been and would love to go... South Africa would be rad too.
FC: What’s been playing in your mp3 player most often?
Blueprint 3.
FC: What’s one of your goals over the next 2 years?
To be reppin' for another bike company and bring L-R-G more into bmx, basically keep shredding and putting out edits.

No comments:

Post a Comment